Keeping Children Safe at Jessop
Our Duty of Care
Jessop Primary School is committed to providing a secure environment for pupils, where children feel safe and are kept safe.
In liaising with parents and carers, we will ensure that you are reminded that Jessop has a duty to report concerns that we may have over the safety or well-being of a pupil as part of our statutory duties to protect children from significant harm and/or neglect.
Parents and carers are also reminded that, where appropriate, any referral will be discussed with parents and carers before the referral is made however, parents and carers will not be contacted neither will the referral be discussed where it is felt that to do so will place the child at an increased risk of harm.
In any event parents and carers are reminded that all referrals are made in the best interest of the child.
A full copy of our Safeguarding Policy is on our school website here, or is available through the school office.
At our school, we believe that all children have the right to be treated with the same care and dignity as we would expect outside of school.
- We will listen to children.
- We will maintain best practice safeguarding policy and procedure.
- We will keep the environment safe
- We will keep children safe on-line
- We will protect children from bullying
- We will try to stamp out racism
- We will ensure that only trained staff can use positive handling with children
- We will risk assess potentially harmful/ dangerous situations and activities
- We will provide basic first aid to children who have hurt themselves and let you know either by letter and/or by phone that an accident or injury has happened
- We will supervise and maintain full supervision of children who are unwell and make contact with you to let you know
We will remind parents at all events and performances that any photographs taken are not to be shared on social media
Thank you for your co-operation and support.